Wednesday, November 28, 2018

not a privilege, but a necessity

one of my top ten disney movies. this movie has impacted my life a lot.

 There are so many things I want to do. I want to wake up early. I want to eat well. I want to stretch and exercise. I want to meditate, to pray, to walk, to take care of my skin and my hair, to read, to listen to music I like, to study, to breathe

 But I don't. I do brush my teeth. I do at least eat. I go to work, I pray the bare minimum, I remain vegan. I do those things, even when I can't bring myself to do the others, because I have taught myself that they are a necessity.

  ne·ces·si·ty /nəˈsesədē/ noun
  1. 1.
    the fact of being required or indispensable.


 Veganism became a necessity to me overnight. I couldn't deny what I saw or learned, and no matter how difficult it was, I stuck to it. I know that I have it within me to succeed at what I deem important. I just have to show myself these things matter.

 My goals aren't unrealistic. They are the least I expect from myself and those around me. If I do not take a moment, just one moment, to realize that life is every day I throw away, I will wake up one day to find I never took the helm and charged my own course. 

"When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change."

M.


   

1 comment: