Friday, July 26, 2019

journal no. 2 : lessons in living


Listen

 I have learned a lesson over these past few months since I moved out with my sister. Actually, I have learned several lessons, but this is the most recent. And it is... *drumrollllllllLLLLLL*

 If I want a valuable life, one that I am happy to live, I must add value to my life. No one else will do this for me. I will not get handed magical experiences. I will not be given a list of life lessons. I will not be rewarded for work I do not do, or risks I do not take. But every day, every day, God gives me the opportunity, and the free will, to add value to my life.

And that is something in and of itself, to be excited about!

So, if you are unhappy with what consumes your life, if you feel controlled by your circumstances, or if you believe that nothing good or magical or special ever happens to you, perhaps you too need to be awakened to all of the endless possibilities, as I have been. I am sure this realization of mine will be challenged. I will compare my life to other people's lives. I will grow weary of work and school. I will probably want to give up, because giving up always seems like the answer. But I truly believe I have learned something that has the potential to be life-changing. 

After all, who knows what miracles can happen when you believe.

Venus and The Milky Way15. “The Mirrored Night Sky”, by Xiaohua Zhao, China | 17 Phenomenal Pictures Of Space That Will Fill You With Awe

M.

2 comments: