Sunday, February 3, 2019

time & effort


Sourdough toast with ricotta cheese and kumquats

 As January comes to a close, and February blooms, I realize I have gotten no further on my journey to health. I have stood behind the same boulder on the twisty path and done nothing to get past it. That boulder, for me, is labeled "time & energy". It's a nasty one. It makes itself look bigger than it really is. My excuses for not eating healthfully are usually related to me either having "no time" or "no energy".

In truth, I just don't want to put any effort into it. With a little effort, time and energy are no longer a problem.

 But I feel terrible. Just terrible. Not only physically, but mentally too. Because I am going against my nature and what I care about by eating so horribly. Eating this way, and living this way, is poisonous. It wastes money, harms my body, clouds my mind, makes me take my food for granted, and makes me feel guilty for letting something I care about and want to do go.

 I want to save & utilize my money well, help my body, have a clear mind, appreciate the food God grants me, and feel at peace because I am doing what I know I want to. 

I have addressed the problem, admitted my faults and stated my goals. Now, all this recipe needs is a healthy spoonful of effort.

M.

2 comments:

  1. A dem fine post a dem fine post! With no begotten nonsense about it! And we share mutual nonsense when it comes to food! I should say!!

    ReplyDelete