Wednesday, February 17, 2021

metamorphosis

 

"To ensure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.”
-William Londen


 I used to care about my health a lot. I found a lot of joy in healthy eating. Not fancy, stylish healthy eating. I'm not really a foodie. I prefer to eat quick simple stuff and I hate fussing over food. 


But eating healthy for the sake of fueling your body is something I really miss. There seem to be two types of people, those that care about eating healthful foods and those that don't care at all about what they put in their bodies. But I think there's a third type. Those that care about what they eat but never put in the time or energy to reach that goal of better living. Also known as lazy people. That's me. (remember my last post about this same topic? me either. Because it was two years ago and I did nothing to change my eating.)


(avocado rice things from tropically lina)

I've been finding inspiration for wholesome veggie-centric meals on pinterest, Bethany Hamilton's website, and food shows like raw. vegan. not gross. 


This is a grocery list sample I found from Brittany Dawn. It's given me a lot of ideas for my own. I might add some vegan mayonnaise in there but that's just me. 

(see those eggs? ugh, me too.)

Because I despise cooking so much, I think I'm more of a meal prepper. Cooking a lot two days of the week and not having to cook at all the rest of them sounds really nice to me. I think one of my biggest issues with healthy eating is not being disciplined enough. Thinking, "oh, I don't really want to cook. I'll just buy something instead". The amount of money I've wasted would k i l l  me if I saw it. I would die of shock. Collapse from a financially induced seizure. Caring about what you eat saves money as well as your life wow. 

I'm excited to be interested in healthy eating again after so much time (I just have to mention that I'm writing this post minutes after eating an entire pizza and half a bag of pickle chips (: ). With all the recent changes in my life, it seems only fitting to reestablish that what I eat is important to me. So, let's chop up some vegetables. 


4 comments:

  1. This is beautifully written and well spoken darling. Well done for your new resolution, it has inspired me to do the same. In the lovely words of Mr. Ferrars " Excellent notion"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha perhaps if this new goal doesn’t work out we can split a giant pizza? It would be a “very agreeable alternative”as Mr. Collins says.

      Delete
  2. "Indeed...Indeed" *zooms in to uncomfortable amount of Collins*

    ReplyDelete