Wednesday, November 29, 2023

the h u n t


people often say

they are haunted by life

I am too

but she is not in the shadows that follow me

she doesn't whisper in my ear 

the sins of my past

the possibilities of my future

such people are  h u n t e d  by life

I  h u n t  life

the very figure of life 

she is wild

like a mare 

she is flashing ahead of me

like bolts of lightning 

she is everywhere I am not

she is tossing her mane on the horizon

I can see her

but I will never make it to her in time

it is the experience of life that I  h u n t

in all the wrong places 

I  h u n t

in buildings, in streetlights, in the eyes of people

what would it be like

to ride on her back

yes, I  h u n t  her daily

I don't want to die

before I've had one ride

-from Nie

No comments:

Post a Comment